The most important facts to realize when it comes to genital herpes are:
- A person with genital herpes is NOT contagious 24/7 and the longer they have it and the better under control their outbreaks become, the less infectious days they will experience.
- There is no way to know positively when those infectious days are
- It is possible to have a healthy relationship with one person having genital herpes and one person not.
- It is possible to have children when having genital herpes (discuss this with your doctor to know precisely how and precautions to take prior to and during labor and delivery)
- Genital herpes is not a disease that caters to a certain demographic of the population.
Do you know of other genital herpes facts that you think people might find interesting? Please share them in the comments section.