For those looking to cut to the chase and get a list of quick facts as they pertain to genital herpes – here you go —
- Genital herpes is incurable. If you get it, you have it for life.
- Herpes may go undetected for an indefinite amount of time. Someone may have it and not know it – ever.
- Genital herpes is very common. It is out there. In your community. In fact, at the rate of 1 in 4 – you can look around you and count – 1, 2, 3 – got it… 1, 2, 3 – got it. Get the picture?
- Herpes can be diagnosed by a doctor, and its symptoms are treatable.
- Genital herpes can be transmitted even if a condom is used.
- The risk of getting genital herpes increases geometrically with every sexual contact.
The only way to avoid getting genital herpes is to abstain from sex – period!